UNICEF NIGERIA VACANCIES
Mon, 28 May, 2012
UNICEF Nigeria seeks the services of experienced Education -GEP Specialists to work in the LGEAs included in the project under the guidance of the SPC.
JOB TITLE: GEP SPECIALISTS- LGEA (3RD PARTY CONSULTANT)
VACANCY NUMBER: VN-NGR-28 – 3- E- 2012
CONTRACT TYPE: SSA
DURATION: 11 Months
The successful candidate will be expected to carry out the following duties
1. Facilitate the establishment/strengthening of LGEA Girls’ Education Committee, (GEC) with representatives from all bodies and institutions with direct involvement in GEP, and with direct managerial, coordination and monitoring responsibilities for GEP at LGEA level or below.
2. Act as secretary to the above committee, arranging regular monthly meetings, keeping minutes and following up and supporting the completion of action points arising from its monitoring functions.
3. Provide technical support for improving achievement of learning outcomes in Primary, Junior Secondary and Senior Secondary Schools, and in non-formal education
4. Facilitate establishment, maintenance and use of girls’ spaces (Girls’ Spaces) for girls and women using proven best practice guidelines. Monitor use of spaces.
5. Assist in human and institutional capacity development of LGEAs for institutionalizing policies and programmes on SBMCs and Mothers’ Associations as catalysts in promoting access, retention, completion, and transition for girls in ECE, Primary, JSS and Senior
6. Provide technical support and advocate through working with SBMCs and Mothers’ Associations for the establishment and strengthening of Girls’ Spaces in schools.
7. Facilitate evidenced based sensitization and mobilization of SBMCs, Mothers’ Associations, and communities for increased access, retention and quality learning outcomes in schools, ECE centers and in non-formal education provisions.
8. Assist in planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of non-formal education projects. This will involve providing technical support for increased access, retention and quality in non-formal education provisions.
9. Following the GIS mapping outputs, work with the LGEA GEC, SPC and State GEP committee to identify suitable schools and communities or LGA’s (using agreed criteria) for inclusion in various key stages of project interventions.
10. Act as technical supervisor for community and school activities related but not limited to achievement of learning outcomes.
11. Facilitate the implementation of WSDPs for promotion of Girls’ Education.
12. Respond to the outcomes of needs and impact assessments by developing plans of action with the LGEA GEC, and implementing monitoring schedules with school supervisors, as appropriate.13. Ensure that UNICEF protocols are used to resource project activities, and keep accurate and transparent accounts of all inputs and resource use.
14. Keep accurate records of all GEP activities in the LGEA.
15. Liaise with and between all bodies and institutions involved in GEP activities, and ensure the effective pursuit of project targets and implementation of activities.
16. Support Girls’ Education advocacy and community mobilisation activities through SBMCs, Mothers’ Associations, and Girls’ Spaces at school level and in non-formal education institutions.
17. Monitor activities jointly with appropriate partners, and through the supervisory system for school activities. Support changes and improvements to the supervision system, especially focusing on quality improvements and gender equity in schooling.
18. Where possible and appropriate, pursue advocacy activities in support of improved Girls’ Education.
19. Produce regular monthly reports and submit to the LGEA Secretary of Education, and to the SPC.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION & COMPETENCIES:
The candidate for this position must have a higher degree in education.
Minimum of 8 years’ experience in Girls’ Education especially at the LGAs’ level
METHOD OF APPLICATION
If you are interested in the position and meet the requirements, please send cover letter (one-page summary statement that describes how your experience and qualification related to the job description) and a scanned/PDF copy of the completed and signed UN Personal History Form (which can be downloaded here) to
email@example.com by close of business on Thursday, 07 June 2012.
Please put the position title you are applying for on the subject line of your email.
UNICEF, a smoke-free environment, is committed to gender equality in its mandate and its staff. Well qualified candidates, particularly women are strongly encouraged to apply.